Tuesday 27 July 2010

Introduction

For many years now I have been using pain relief techniques which have proven extremely effective.

I remember on one ocassion when I first started using one particular technique. It was around 14 years ago when my daughter fell and knocked herself out. She was 4 years old at the time and had a gash on her chin which needed medical attention. I used this psychological analgesia technique which took just a few seconds, the pain stopped instantly, she stopped crying and we set off to the hospital.

She was fine but needed some steri-strips to seal up the gash. I remember the nurse talking to my daughter and saying that she needed to put on some 'glue' to hold the strips in place but it would hurt. The nurse put on the 'glue' and then the strips and she asked my daughter if it hurt? To which she replied 'no'. The nurse said I knew it would! Strange how the nurse just expected my daughter to agree that it hurt when in fact she said that it hadn't.

It was this event that change the way I viewed pain and realised how effective our brains are at controlling our bodies.

This is just one example of the many astounding pain relief stories I can tell you but it seems appropriate to start off with an early experience.

I will be exploring the possibility of sharing some of these techniques with those that suffer from chronic pain. Although I usually only practice these techniques within my local area it seems with two-way online communication becoming easier, I may be able to help people who don't have access to similar help.

No comments:

Post a Comment